Preparations Continue for COVID-19 Response
Friday, March 13, 2020
USD327 officials continue to work with local and state agencies to plan and prepare the district’s Coronavirus response.
Main points that the district wishes patrons to understand:
- Spring Break is the week of March 16th-20th. This is a timely break and will provide us time to monitor this situation.
- The District is receiving guidance on a daily basis from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, the Ellsworth County Health Department, and the Kansas State Department of Education.
- The health and well-being of our students and staff are very important.
- This is a very fluid and quickly changing situation.
- The district will not make the decision to close the schools – that decision will originate from our local and state health agencies listed above.
- Educate yourself and stay apprised of the situation near you and the surrounding counties.
- There are many moving parts to this puzzle, stay vigilant and in a calm state of mind, so we can all be “clear thinkers”.
- In the meantime, continue to wash your hands, avoid touching your face and eyes, and stay at home if you are sick or coughing.
Keep checking our website for updated information.