After conferring with ECMC, ECHD and Nurse Bonnie it was determined that 327 would be able to make a slight shift to the morning temp checks for students.
- Temperatures will remain an important piece in our battle against Covid.
- Temps will continue to be taken in the morning, just not at the entrances of the schools.
- The temp process will take place as a part of the normal morning classroom routine during the opening minutes of the day, very similar to attendance and lunch count routines.
- We will still have personnel at the entrances of the buildings to make sure masks and other social-distancing practices are being followed.
Why the change:
- There is a lot of people-power expended in this process and we are hoping to create “time” for our staff.
- We are hoping this change smooths and speeds-up the morning arrival routine for our staff and students.
- The cooler temps create “cooler body” temps of the students when they are exposed to this cooler air in the morning and we have “Lo” readings, which could be inaccurate.
- We hope the little delay of walking into the building and to the classroom, the students can acclimate a bit and we can secure an accurate temp.
USD327 thanks everybody for being flexible with this change and we hope it makes it a bit easier on our parents and other community members impacted.
Stay Well and Be GREAT!