CIPA Policy (Children’s Internet Protection Act)
The governing body of Unified School District 327 will meet on the 9th day of December, 2019 at 6:50 p.m., at 145 West 15th St, Ellsworth, KS for the purpose of holding a hearing on our Student Internet Safety Policy in order to meet CIPA and E-Rate requirements.
IIBGA Children’s Internet Protection Act IIBGA
The district shall implement and enforce an internet safety plan meeting the requirements of both the federal and the Kansas Children’s Internet Protection Acts (CIPA). The superintendent shall develop a plan to implement the Children’s Internet Protection Acts.
Such plan shall include technology protection measures and such other measures as deemed appropriate to address the following issues:
1) Access by minors to inappropriate matter on the Internet and World Wide Web,
2) The safety and security of minors when using electronic mail, chat rooms, and other forms of direct electronic communications,
3) Unauthorized access, including so-called “hacking,” and other unlawful
activities by minors online;
4) Unauthorized disclosure, use, and dissemination of personal information regarding minors; and
5) Measures designed to restrict minors’ access to materials that may be
harmful to them.
For the purposes of this policy, “minor” shall be defined to mean any student who is 18 years of age or under. The board charges the Superintendent to develop the CIPA implementing plan so that all of the protections provided by this policy and the corresponding plan may be afforded to all district students, regardless of their age.
If the district is providing public access to any computer, the CIPA plan shall also implement and enforce technology protection measures to ensure no minor has access to visual depictions that are child pornography, harmful to minors, or obscene. This plan shall be on file with the board clerk and in each school office with Internet access and copies shall be available upon request. The superintendent shall ensure compliance with CIPA by completing Federal Communication Commission forms as required.
Approved: 12/10/12 Amended: 6/23/14