March Principal’s Passage
State assessments will begin at KMS for 5th and 6th grades in April. As we prepare for the assessments, please encourage your children to get plenty of sleep, eat well, and to give their best effort. As indicated in a prior Principal’s Passage, the students will be taking a Math Performance Task and a Multi-Disciplinary Performance task for the first time. 5-6th grades will also take the ELA and Math assessments. 6th grade will also take a Social Studies assessment.
The third nine weeks ends on March 6. PT conferences are scheduled for March 9 and 10 from 4-8pm. A schedule will be sent home soon. Please confirm the time and let the teacher or office know if that particular time does not work. This is a great time to discuss your child’s progress in school. 100% attendance at conferences is our goal and with your help we will be able to achieve it!
Good questions for parents to ask teachers during conferences:
1. What are my child's strengths?
2. If you could choose one area for my child to improve on, which would it be?
3. What kind of progress has my child made since the beginning of school?
4. How does my child relate to his/her peers?
5. How are my child's organizational skills?
6. How can I support my child best?
Parents know their children best! Asking for specific ideas from the teacher is appreciated and encouraged by our staff as it helps us meet the needs of our students.