October Principal’s Passage
Reminder that there is no school on October 12 due to a teacher in-service. There is also no school on October 30.
End of the 1st 9 weeks is quickly approaching on October 16. It has been a great start to the year, and we appreciated your support and involvement in your child’s education.
On October 15, students will attend an assembly sponsored by PTO. An announcement will be made soon on who the presenter will be. Thanks to PTO for providing this opportunity for our students.
October 19 and 20 from 4:00-8:00pm are Parent Teacher Conferences. A schedule will be sent home soon. Please confirm the time and let the teacher or office know if that particular time does not work. This is a great time to discuss your child’s progress in school. 100% attendance at conferences is our goal and with your help we will be able to achieve it!
Good questions for parents to ask teachers during conferences:
1. What are my child's strengths?
2. If you could choose one area for my child to improve on, which would it be?
3. What kind of progress has my child made since the beginning of school?
4. How does my child relate to his/her peers?
5. How are my child's organizational skills?
6. How can I support my child best?
Parents know their children best! Asking for specific ideas from the teacher is appreciated and encouraged by our staff as it helps us meet the needs of your child!
See the great things happening at EES by following me @EESKMSPrincipal on Twitter!